Engineering Career Services offers many programs and services for undergraduate and graduate students in your department. Our goal is help students develop lifelong professional skills they will need to manage their careers.
From freshman year through graduate school, our career advisers meet individually with students by appointment (and during daily drop-in hours) to discuss:
- Major/career exploration and decisions
- Internship and job search strategy
- Mock interview sessions
- Managing one’s online profile and digital identity
- Resumes, CV’s, cover letters
- Careers in Industry
Graduate and Medical School Advising
When it comes time to plan for post-undergraduate education, our career advisers are available to assist undergraduates with:
- Program and school research
- Personal statements
- CVs and resumes
- Premed Advising
- Medical School application assistance
Educational Programs and Career Connection Opportunities
Throughout the year, ECS hosts career education programs and events that assist graduate and undergraduate students with the career-exploration process, including:
- Workshops and industry speakers/panels: Interviewing, resume-writing, networking and graduate applications are just a few of the topics covered in our workshops. Our panelists cover industry-specific advice and provide an insider’s look into a wide range of potential career fields.
- Job Shadow Program: This program allows students to explore careers by shadowing professionals in their workplaces.
- Career Fairs: Whether hosting these fairs on-campus or virtually, we connect students to hundreds of potential employers and internship and job opportunities.
- YouTube channel: Students can access the latest videos and webinars hosted by industry professionals and career experts.
Internship and Job Search Tools
ECS affords students the opportunity to search and apply for employment opportunities via multiple avenues, including:
- Handshake @ Illinois: Online job board
- On-campus recruiting: Employer information sessions and interviews take place on-campus throughout the year.
- A Faculty Guide to Ethical and Legal Standards in Student Employment